Consider yourself a WordPress Guru? Let’s talk.
Believe it or not, it’s time again to bolster our team with more knowledge, additional perspectives, and growth mindset.
AKA: We’re growing our team!
We’re looking for a creative geek with the strengths and skills to help us take our WordPress development to the next level. From front-end build out to plugin customization and everything in-between, you’ll be one of our gurus who not only knows all about the best practices, but can put them in action for a variety of sites, clients, and layouts. You’ll be working very closely with our account managers and creative team to take business rules and layered design files and make them come to life.
What types of values are we looking for?
We’re glad you asked!
We’re looking for:
- A self-starter and who plays well with others
- A sense of curiosity and not being afraid to ask questions
- A passion for continuous improvement: To be challenged as skills and talents grow with each project
- The ability to consistently meet client deadlines and expectations
Many of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Construct and support awesome WordPress CMS installs and updates
- Collaborating with your fellow geeks & creatives to understand client and user needs, help refine requirements, and rapidly prototype and iterate on multiple design solutions
- Author HTML, PHP, and stylesheets for cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device functionality
Skill & Experience requirements we’re looking for:
- One to two years of custom WordPress development experience (Gutenberg experience a big plus)
- Basic Photoshop familiarity (at least to slice layered design files)
- W3C compliant coding practices and knowledge
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks like Laravel and FatFree
- Experience with MySQL
- Toleration/Appreciation for Taco Tuesday also happening on Thursday… And sometimes Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday
Now that we’ve talked about you, let’s talk about wisnet for a moment. We offer a great working environment, SIMPLE retirement fund with a 3% salary match, a health and fitness center, and very flexible paid vacations (time away from wisnet is just an important as your time here), regular team lunches and outings, office bicycles, a great team, and great clients.
We’ve achieved some pretty cool awards including being named a 2016 and 2018 Bubbler Award winner as one of the top 10 best workplaces for young professionals in Wisconsin, as well as being featured in Insight Magazine for our culture.
Do we still have your interest?
If so, then drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re interested in joining the team of geeks & creatives of wisnet and share how your strengths match up with the skill sets we have listed here. We’d also love to see your work history and portfolio (and GitHub account), a few references, and why you think you’d be the perfect addition to our small but mighty crew.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Don’t have any WordPress experience or know-how but know of someone who does? Drop us a line and share their info with us. If it all works out and that person joins our team, we’ll hook you up with $100 in free tacos!