Web Developer I/User Interface
Founded in 1996, wisnet.com is a multi-faceted, full service web hosting and development company that works with small to medium sized businesses throughout the U.S. and focuses on many industries including tourism, print, real estate, government, and healthcare. wisnet.com offers a friendly and fun work environment in beautiful Fond du Lac, WI – on the shores of Lake Winnebago and centrally located between Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan areas (Madison, Milwaukee, Appleton, and Green Bay).
wisnet.com team members work in a state-of-the-art building constructed in 2012 specifically for wisnet.com. The office is casual and fun, yet focused; and features generous work areas, an employee café, exercise room, shower, and entertainment area. Casual dress (including shorts) and active lifestyles are encouraged. wisnet.com encourages collaborative development and mentorship, and welcomes driven individuals of all experience levels.
Job Level: Internship Co-op Entry Level Intermediate Expert Clerical Management
Reports to: Project Manager
Hours: Full time, 8a-5p, M-F
wisnet.com UI developers are expected to possess a basic understanding of web development techniques and vocabulary. This position supports the programming needs of wisnet.com project teams and may work with and be mentored by multiple experienced Web Developers. Accomplished UI developers employees have the opportunity to develop their skills and earn a position on a dedicated project team as a Web Developer II (database and logic programmer). This is a dynamic position and as a result, job responsibilities are fluid and can expect to change to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Author HTML code and proprietary scripting logic
- Support web applications and websites
- Follow coding standards and best practices
- Test to ensure code performs reliably; runs securely; uses appropriate bandwidth and client-side resources; and is self documenting in its clarity and format
- Stay abreast of trends and new products and services in the Information Technology industry
- Be able to quickly gain the necessary skills to effectively utilize the technology to produce a solution. Self development may include online research, independent study of books, evaluating various third-party products or tools, and exploration.
- Handle day-to-day tasks and miscellaneous issues
- All other duties or projects as assigned
- Understanding of dynamic or active Web content
- Adherence to semantic, standards-compliant HTML
- Problem solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Willingness to learn and become proficient with proprietary development language
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment and to actively participate in team discussions involving both programmers and clients
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, XML, PHP, MySQL, AJAX
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, technical degree in related field(s), or similar education
- Knowledge of Usability, and Information Architecture theory and practice
- Google Apps experience
- Responsive Design knowledge
- SEO experience
- Mobile website development experience
Salary / Hourly Rate Range: Competitive. Tell us what you’re worth.
- Small company experiencing exciting growth
- SIMPLE retirement fund with 3% salary match
- Health insurance package
- Very flexible paid vacations (time away from wisnet.com is just an important as your time here)
- On-site café
- On-site exercise area
- Proximity to restaurants, convenience stores, and grocery; seconds from Highways 41 and 151
Application Information: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]