Well known in the region for their seasonal, family-friendly events, like Walleye Weekend and Sturgeon Spectacular, Fond du lac Festivals came to wisnet with a logo redesign challenge. They wanted to achieve a rejuvenated, contemporary design that would reflect the years of tradition they are known for – while also conveying their commitment to community, collaboration, and family fun.
Objectives of the logo redesign included:
- Evolve and contemporize the organizations look
- Represent the community, organization, their mission and core values
- Simple design
- Memorable & meaningful
- Mesh well with current event creative
- Appeal to sponsors and community partners, the people attending the events, as well as accurately represent the community
The final logo delivered:
After an exploration of logo styles and concepts, we introduced a bolder, badge-style logo incorporating the lighthouse as an iconic visual representing the area and organization.
The slightly playful sans-serif font selection evokes a fun and family-friendly atmosphere at events, while the blue builds upon the trust, reliability, and tradition that the organization provides the community, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
The wisnet team was extremely flexibile and willing to work with any & all feedback during this logo concepting and redesign process. I learned a lot along the way – so thankful for their guidance.
– PETER WILKE, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, FOND DU LAC FESTIVALS, INC.
In addition to the logo design, a basic, but foundational brand style guide was also provided. This guide outlined:
- primary logo colors, as well as a suggested color palette to tie the other event logos together.
- the essential lighthouse icon variations for versatile implementation across all mediums and application sizes.
- fun and functional execution examples for the Fond du Lac Festivals team to see the impact of their final selection on everyday elements that bring the brand to life.
The entire process was smooth and seamless, and resulted with a logo we’re all proud and excited to see around the greater Fond du Lac community.