Mobile Phone Era
If you observe a large group of people in a public area, chances are you’ll see a lot of them with phones. In fact, one fifth of Americans access the web from a mobile phone each day.
Mobile devices make it easy and convenient for us to talk, text, watch videos, search the internet and so much more at home or on the go. With that, it is no surprise that the number of mobile devices being used to access the internet are continuing to grow.
Mobile devices not only give us more access, but combine additional tools that allow us to interact in ways our desktops never could; click-to-call and location based searches are prime examples of that.
- In 2012, the U.S. saw a 55% increase in smartphone subscriptions to make for 98 million smartphone subscribers, representing nearly 42% of all U.S. mobile users.
- In 2011, there were 835 million smartphone users, 5.6 billion feature phone users
- 64% of mobile phone time is spent on apps
- Mobile content and access had revenues of $39.17 billion in 2011, up 27.8% from 2010. Of that $39.17 billion, business accounted for 58% of the total and consumer for 42%.
- 61% of customers who visit a mobile unfriendly site are likely to go to a competitor’s site
Americans are adapting to the ever-changing web world and keeping up with the mobile device trend. Make sure your business is prepared to serve your customers with a mobile-friendly website. This will help to make searching your site more convenient for your customers and more beneficial for your business.